Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!

Every time we remember to say "thank you",

we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.

-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

As Thanksgiving nears and I prepare to leave to spend some time at Chautauqua, I find myself doing a lot of reflecting on the adventures of the past year and the many opportunities for adventures in the year to come.

This past year has been one of change and challenge but also a lot of things to be thankful for.

· I am thankful for the Jr. Boulevarsity and the community we formed watching 16 & Pregnant and eating PB and apples

· I am thankful for the communities that I continue to be a part of from a distance.

· I am thankful for the growth of Interfaith at Luther and the opportunity to have been a part of that.

· I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of the Chautauqua community for the summer.

· I am thankful for the people who pushed me outside my comfort zone and help that area become my comfort zone

· I am thankful for the Chicago Center and their commitment to cultural learning

· I am thankful to have been a part of IFYC and One Chicago, One Nation

· I am thankful for families, both the one I was born into and ones that I have formed.

· I am thankful for Luther College Campus Ministries and the fantastic staff there.

· I am thankful for intentional community.

· I am thankful for shared laughter and tears.

· I am thankful for affirmation that arrive when most needed

· I am thankful for pen pals.

· I am thankful for my CERP, and to have her back in this country!

· I am thankful for communities with wide open arms

· I am thankful for the challenges that have made me a stronger person.

· I am thankful for friends willing to spend their fall break taking care of me and visiting me in NJ.

· I am thankful for the giant paper people hanging on my wall.

All in all, through all the tears, laughs, challenges, comforts and growth provoking of the past year, there have been a lot of things to be grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. i'm grateful for you too, especially now that we can skone and might even get to see each other in person within the next year :)

    ReplyDelete