Thursday, March 8, 2012

All I can say is "Thank you"

At the core of who we are is the roots of those that have influenced our lives 
the most and the impact of what they have exposed us to is always there
 and when the foundation is laid with love and commitment, 
our lives at some point will reflect that of which we have been taught.

~Aja Graydon


This quote, one of the many from my “quote box” that was a gift from a dear friend, got me thinking a lot about the people in my life who have helped lay the foundation of who I am. This year has been a year full of reflecting on what my live reflects, and whose influence you can see in my life.

Today is International Women’s Day, which in Palestine warrants a day off of school, which got my thinking about all of the amazing women who have given me the gift of their time, wisdom, mentorship and friendship.   So while there have been many amazing men in my life, I want to take the time to acknowledge some of the many women who have influenced my life and laid the foundation of who I am with love in commitment. I am grateful for each of these women, for their presence in my life, whether they where there for a couple of weeks or several years, whether we are still in close contact or have drifted a part.  I know that I am who I am today because I was blessed with their presence in my life. 


So I leave you with the words of StoryPeople, because as so often true, they have said so perfectly the words I am struggling to find:

Don't you hear it? she asked 
& I shook my head no & then she started to dance & 
suddenly there was music everywhere & it went on for a very long time & 
when I finally found words 
all I could say was thank you.














2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. terima kasih kembali! (you're welcome-or, literally, I receive your love and send it back to you.) Love you!

    ReplyDelete