Thursday, September 1, 2011

Readjustment of Goals

It’s not a failure. Its just a readjustment of goals.
-Cindy McPeake

I don’t remember the exact context for this quote, but at some point during lunch as we were talking about failures, one of my fellow YAGM’s offered this wonderful piece of re-framing.

In the past week, as we have waited for visas and flight plans this has been incredibly helpful to remember. But, we have finally accurately readjusted our goals and we picked up our visas from the Israeli consulate yesterday and have flights booked from O’Hare on Saturday at 3:40 pm and arrive in Tel Aviv on Sunday at 3:00 pm.

I am so excited to finally have my visa in hand and a departure date. But this advice is something that I will carry with me for the next year as I encounter challenges and events that I perceive as failures. They are not failures, they are simply a readjustment of goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment