Monday, August 15, 2011

It's hard to say goodbye 'Cause baby, it's a good life

Two days. That’s it. Two days. 48 hours. 2880 minutes. 172800 seconds.

It seems like just yesterday when I was getting my assignment and celebrating that in three months I would be going to Jerusalem. Now we are down to two days.

As I think about saying see you later, to many of the things that I love, I am struck by the chorus and bridge of the Sugarland song “Small Town Jericho,” (which you can hear on Youtube here and find full lyrics here ),

Goodbye to mem'ries that I saved

Goodbye to all the friends I made

Goodbye to all the home I'll ever know

Small town Jericho...(goodbye)

And every road here looks the same

This ol' town won't ever change

And that's what I love the most

And it's the reason I must go


It is a challenge to say goodbye to all the things that I will miss about my small town, but I know that I have to go. Because I words don’t seem to do anything justice. These are the things I will miss:












No comments:

Post a Comment