Sunday, March 14, 2010

AMAZING WEEKEND!!!

So I had a fantastic weekend.  As I mentioned in my last blog the weather turning into spring so we have had some absolutely fantastic weather (ok, so maybe yesterday was really nasty, windy and wet but at least it was rain not snow!).   I had an absolutely wonderful weekend and I would love to share some of if with you now. 

Friday:  After work, a couple of us from the office went to Sayira's(a former intern who finished about two weeks ago) place and she cooked us a wonderful supper.   Otherwise, we just chilled out and had wonderful conversation.   

Saturday:  Cold, nasty and rainy day so I was grateful for my rainboots to keep my feet dry.  Since it was St. Patty's day weekend there was a fair amount of stuff going on downtown so I wandered(aka took the CTA) downtown.   I got to see the river dyed green, which was quite impressive.  I also got a chance to see a lot of ridiculous green outfits!   Then it was off to the parade, which was led by an impressive group of bagpipers wearing kilts (could not have been warm at all!).   After the parade it was time to head home, relax and do some laundry.   I found out some of the people from the floor below us were going to a Cajun dance so I tagged along to that.   For those of you at Luther, it reminded me a lot of the freshman contra dance that is at the begining of every year, without the pizza ranch or the freshman.   The three of us were the youngest ones there by at least ten years but we still had a GREAT time and learned how to do the Cajun waltz and attempted the Cajun two step.   

Sunday- This morning, after figuring out the wonderfulness of Daylight Savings time, I went for a nice run (8 miles- I am over half way there!!!!!  5 more to go) along the river.  It was a bit windy and a little chilly but once I got moving I was loving running a long the beach listening to the waves crashing in to the rocks and slapping at the beach.   Also, there was a group of surfers  (yes, surfers in Lake Michigan) which I had to laugh at a little bit and then decided they were a little crazy.   After my run it was home to clean up and chill out before heading to Julie's (one of my co-workers) for a surprise party for Erin(co-worker/un-official supervisor).  There I got to help make Navajo flatbread.   After eating, we had a pinata which Erin destroyed and then it was hanging out and visiting. Then home again to get ready for tomorrow!

So that was my wonderful weekend.  On another note, I mentioned in my last blog that I had shared with a group "my story," hopefully sometime this week I will get that typed up and shared on the blog!  

peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment